Saturday, November 28, 2009

I loved reading The Undaunted. I do agree with Gramma though, I was very surprised to be back in the mines also but I liked the background on the fictional characters. Learning more about our ancesters was the best though. I had pictured Jens Nielson short and cubby but now I have a better idea of what he truly looked like. I also found that he was an amazing man that I would like to learn more about. I was really impressed to learn that he was more crippled than I had realized and that he still went on this trek with determination to see it done. I liked reading the footnotes as much as I did the story.
I have since read The Hole in the Rock by David Miller. I was hoping to learn more about the people who went on the trek and how they felt and how they accomplished it but it dealt more with the day to day doings and not really much about the people. I did find it funny that all of the writings of those who traveled through the hole barely mention it. It was a very good book though.

No comments:

Post a Comment